PE with MR E
Hello Year 6, I hope you all enjoyed the half term. This term our sport focus is going to be rounders. For today's lesson and throughout this term, I would like you to learn how to juggle as this can really help improve your hand-eye co-ordination, which is needed to hit and catch a rounders ball. Please check out the video below that will teach you how to juggle.
Please get permission from your adult before you start to throw objects around the house. If you do not have 3 balls to use at home then use rolled up paper instead.
Computing- Miss Constant
Good afternoon Year 6! I hope you all had a lovely half term break and have had a great week so far :)
I am really excited about our new computing topic this term and I think we will all have lots of fun with it!
Over the next couple of weeks, we will be researching different parts of World War 2 so that when we return to school, we can begin filming our own documentaries/films/news reports on the iPads. You may work on this project individually or as a pair if you wish but if you do choose to work in a pair then I would need to know from both of you by the end of today who you have chosen to partner up with. Please also know that once you have chosen your partner, they will be your partner for the duration of the term (of course if you would prefer to work alone then that is absolutely fine too!).
So... over the next 2 weeks the aim of our lessons will be to gather as much information about the various elements of World War 2 as possible. At this stage, you should research one (or more if you like!) of the following areas:
- When and why did Chamberlain declare war on Germany? How did he address the country and what did he say? How do you think people felt?
- The evacuation process - where were children sent and why? How did they feel? How did their parents feel?
- What was daily life like for men, women and children at the beginning of the war? What roles did they have?
Before starting your research, consider the following questions:
- What is the purpose of your film? Will it be a news report or a documentary?
- Will it cover one specific aspect of World War 2 or several different aspects?
- Will your film target an older or younger audience?
I have attached a PowerPoint and some activity sheets to help you with your research below :) Please also remember your e-safety rules whilst you are browsing the web and tell your adult at home immediately if you come across something you are unsure or unhappy about.
At the end of today's lesson, please send me your research so that I can double check you are on the right track before continuing next week. Please could you also remember to let me know If you have decided to work solo or as a pair- and with whom! :)
Have a great Thursday everybody!
Miss Constant x