Bishop Ridley School opened in September 2004, as part of the Diocese of Rochester’s plans to increase the number of Anglican schools in the London Borough of Bexley. We have close ties with Bishop Ridley Church on The Green; our children visit the church regularly for services and the clergy come into school to lead collective worship every week.
We welcome children of all faiths and of none. We ask that all parents and children support and uphold the Christian values and ethos of the school.
The original school opened in 1935 as Westwood Infant School. In 1999 the school amalgamated with the Junior School to become Westwood Primary School, and the original building was refurbished and extended in 2000 to accommodate all the classes.
We had our last Ofsted inspection in March 2014 and were again graded as ‘Good’, as was our SIAS inspection grade as a church school. Our SATs results have been consistently good, the progress made by pupils is very good and attendance is high. Ofsted reported that 'the quality of teaching and pupils' achievement are consistently good. There is a strong learning community of which pupils, and parents and carers, are proud.'