Due to the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in May 2018, we have been reviewing our processes and policies under the guidance issued to schools by the government. This has included:
- Raising staff awareness of the GDPR
- Revising our Data Protection Policies
- Appointing a Data Protection Officer (see below)
- Issuing Privacy Notices to staff and pupils/parents
- Carrying out due diligence on our third party processors to ascertain a) their compliance with the GDPR; b) the location of their servers and c) whether or not they are transferring any personal data outside of the European Union.
- Undertaking an initial audit of our data and preparing for a further audit with our GDPR advisors.
- Reviewing and updating our retention of personal data periods to ensure we hold personal data only for so long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected
- Preparing for staff training on the GDPR
- Reviewing our network and system security and putting appropriate encryption in place
The contact details for the school's Data Protection Officer (DPO) are:
Data Protection Officer: Craig Stilwell
Address: 72 Cannon Street, London, EC4N 6AE
Telephone: 0203 326 9174
Subject Access Requests - Please be aware that the school is not staffed during the holidays, so any Subject Access Requests will be reviewed when the school reopens after the holiday breaks.